Subrata Roy moved Supreme Court on Friday, asking for 10 more days for negotiating to sell three Sahara hotels abroad.
Roy’s counsel pleaded that the Sahara chief be allowed to stay in the Tihar jail’s conference room for another 10 days instead of being sent back to the cell for completing the deals. The permission for Roy to stay in the conference room is expiring on Tuesday next week.
He said that a deal with the Sultan of Brunei was on the verge of the collapse in view if certain negative media reports but the group was trying to salvage it. The counsel said they were also in talks with some other prospective buyers.
Roy had been allowed to stay in the conference room to enable him arrange Rs 10,000 crore as security to come out on bail. He has been in jail since March 4.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review