Low-cost carrier SpiceJet today said it will launch a flight service from Kolkata to Kathmandu, connecting West Bengal’s tourist hotspot Bagdogra, from next month.
The airline has offered an introductory promotional fare of Rs 99, excluding taxes for Bagdogra-Kathmandu segment of the journey, for the new flight which is scheduled to commence operations from August 13, SpiceJet said in a release.
The introductory promotional fare for Kolkata-Kathmandu journey, however, will be Rs 4,289, excluding taxes, it said.
The offer for Kathmandu will be valid on the first 1,000 seats sold on a first come-first served basis, the airline said.
The new flight will also reinforce the existing seven weekly frequencies operated by SpiceJet on Kolkata-Bagdogra sector, taking the frequency on this sector to 10 weekly.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Introductory fares for the Kolkata–Bagdogra sector on this new flight start at Rs 1,875 plus statutory taxes and fees, the release said.
The bookings for the proposed flight, which will operate three times a week, have already commenced, it said.
With the introduction of this flight, SpiceJet will become the first Indian airline to operate internationally from Bagdogra, the release said.
This new flight is in addition to the 11 weekly direct flights SpiceJet already operates on Delhi-Kathmandu route.
The Bagdogra service will help the people in the Darjeeling region as well as those living in Kolkata and provide them comfortable connectivity with Nepal’s capital city, the release said.
“This is our first international flight from the state of West Bengal. We believe this flight will not only facilitate tourism, but also be important for the growth of trade between the two neighbouring nations,” SpiceJet Chief Commercial Officer Kaneswaran Avili said.
SpiceJet, the country’s second largest budget carrier, currently operates more than 340 daily flights to 48 destinations, which includes 41 Indian cities and seven international destinations.