Low-cost airline SpiceJet, which completes 10 years of operations tomorrow, has offered a flat 10 per cent discount on its select domestic flights with a single day five-hour booking period.
Travel period for the bookings made under the “Happy Birthday to Us” flash sale offer, which will commence tomorrow, would be from July 1 to October 15, the airline said today, adding, bookings should be made between 10 am and 3 pm.
- IGI T2: GoAir shifts to new terminal 2 from October 29, but IndiGo, SpiceJet reluctant
- IndiGo seeks government intervention on stalemate over Delhi airport terminal issue
- Discount battle heats up as airlines offer Diwali-special fare, starting at Rs 1,073
- SpiceJet sale: Tickets start at Rs 799 excluding taxes
- Spicejet launches Rs 599 offer, buyer's rush crashes website
- SpiceJet, Indigo, others offer festive season discount
“With this Happy Birthday to Us slash sale, we are pleased to offer yet another opportunity for customers the chance to fly with one of the most colourful and innovative airlines in India today. But you have to hurry, this sale is only for 5 hours, and seats are limited,” SpiceJet Chief Operating Officer Sanjiv Kapoor said.
The offer, however, is not applicable for travel between July 16 to July 20, also for the period between October 1 to October 5, the airline said.
This is the second discount offer from the Gurgaon-based airline in last one week as earlier it rolled out fares as low as Rs 1,010 under a three-day scheme to celebrate 10-years of its existence in the domestic aviation space.
“Today we celebrate a decade of service to India, a decade in which we have made flying more affordable and helped stimulate the market to grow at a record rate,” he said.
The offer is applicable on select direct flights only on SpiceJet’s domestic network, the airline said, adding fares vary from sector to sector and also that group bookings are not valid on this sale.