Reliance Communications Ltd today said it has received the first instalment of Rs 650 crore from the promoter group for preferential allotment of 8.67 crore warrants aggregating Rs 1,300 crore.
The remaining Rs 650 crore will be received by the firm before March 31, 2015, RCom said in a statement.
“The company has received Rs 650 crore from Telecom Infrastructure Finance Private Limited equivalent to 50 per cent of the issue price of the equity shares upon allotment of warrants and balance amount of Rs 650 crore will be received on or before March 31, 2015,” it said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The proceeds of the preferential issue will be used to reduce debt, the company said.
RCom said that following a resolution passed by shareholders in July, the committee of directors have today allotted 8.67 warrants to Telecom Infrastructure Finance, a promoter group company.
Warrants, which entitle equivalent number of equity shares of Rs 5 each at a price of Rs 150 per share (including a premium of Rs 145 per share) aggregate to Rs 1,300 crore.
The country’s fourth largest telecom operator has also raised Rs 4,800 crore from a share sale to institutional investors, the biggest QIP fund-raising by a private firm.
RCom said the consolidated net worth of the company has risen to Rs 31,369 crore.