A day after the abrupt ouster of Cyrus Mistry as Tata Group chairman, Ratan Tata, who has assumed charge as interim Chairman, on Tuesday asked senior management of the conglomerate’s firms to focus on their businesses without being concerned about the top level change. Stating that his role is for short term so as to ensure stability and continuity at the group, Tata asked top executives of the USD 100 billion conglomerate to act as leaders in respective markets and focus on enhancing returns to shareholders.
“I assumed the role of the interim Chairman for stability and continuity so that there is no vacuum. This will be for a short time. A new permanent leadership will be in place,” he said while addressing managing directors and senior leaders of Tata companies at the Bombay House.
In a sudden and dramatic turn of events, Cyrus Mistry was yesterday sacked as Chairman of Tata Group and replaced by his predecessor Ratan Tata in the interim.
The three-hour long Tata Group’s CEO meet concluded at 1 PM.
According to the group statement, Tata said: “The companies must focus on their market position vis-à-vis competition, and not compare hemselves to their own past. The drive must be on leadership rather than to follow.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Referring to the ongoing initiatives in group companies, he said, “We will evaluate and continue to undertake those that are required to. If there is any change, they will be discussed with you.”
Recollecting his past association with the executives, Tata said: “I look forward to working with you as we have worked together in the past. An institution must exceed the people who lead it. I am proud of all of you, and let us continue to build the group together.”
Tata left the venue without addressing the media waiting outside.
Tata Sons has already announced that a Selection Committee has been constituted to choose a new Chairman, and will complete its mandate in four months.