Senior Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader and advocate Prashant Bhushan today wrote to CBI demanding a thorough probe into a proposal to install biometric passenger identification system at select domestic and international airports.
In a letter to CBI Director Ranjit Sinha, Bhushan alleged that the Ontario (Canadian) Superior Court of Justice in its August last year judgement had convicted a Candian Company official for allegedly offering bribes to manage an AIR India contract.
Bhushan said that if an FIR is not registered in the case he would then approach Supreme Court in the next two weeks.
The AAP leader also alleged that this case involves a huge scam, in which in 2006, a proposal was mooted in Air India for installing a biometric passenger identification system at select domestic and international airports, which costs Rs. 75 lakh but was pegged at Rs.500 crore on the basis bids received.
“In view of these glaring facts, I implore you (CBI director) to immediately register a RC/FIR and get this matter thoroughly investigated so that all those guilty can be swiftly prosecuted,” Bhushan further added in his letter.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review