IT services company Persistent Systems today reported 29.5 per cent growth in consolidated net profit at Rs 67.19 crore for the quarter ended March 31 on demand in software products development and technology services.
The Pune-headquartered firm had posted a net profit of Rs 51.88 crore in the year-ago period.
Consolidated revenue grew 33.8 per cent to Rs 446.74 crore in the January-March quarter last fiscal as compared to Rs 333.96 crore in the same quarter of 2012-13 fiscal.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
In dollar terms, the company’s revenue stood at USD 72.64 million, representing a year-on-year growth of 17 per cent and a quarter-on-quarter growth of 3.9 per cent.
“We continue to see healthy growth and demand for our expertise in software product development and technology services,” Persistent Systems Chairman and Managing Director Anand Deshpande told PTI.
The recent formation of Accelerite, a business unit that will take a portfolio of the firm’s products and related solutions to market, builds product-centric business unit, while rest of Persistent continues to focus on digital transformation and next generation product development services, he added.
For the entire 2013-14 fiscal, the company’s net profit grew by 32.9 per cent to Rs 249.28 crore, while revenue rose 28.9 per cent to Rs 1,669.15 crore.
In dollars, revenue was USD 274.06 million as against USD 237.82 million for FY’13, representing a growth of 15.2 per cent.
Besides creating Silicon valley-based Accelerite, Persistent also acquired CloudSquads, a company specialising in social community platform offerings.
The company also invested in Hyginex, a hand hygiene technology startup based in California, through Persistent Venture Fund, in the range of USD 100,000-250,000.
It hired 257 people (net) during the quarter, taking its total headcount to 7,857 as on March 31, 2014.
The company has also recommended a final dividend of Rs 4 per share for the just concluded fiscal.