Mobile payments and commerce platform Paytm has recorded an unprecedented surge in transactions at offline retail stores across the country. Owing to the recent demonetization of Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 notes, the company has registered over 300 percent growth in offline store transactions in the last six days. Within a year of launching its Online-to-Offline (O2O) payment solution, Paytm has emerged as the fastest growing QR Code-based POS network in the country.
Watch What Else Is Making News
Backed by a strong payment ecosystem of customers and merchants, the company is aiming to reach 8 million transactions worth Rs. 400 crore a month by the end of the current financial year.
“At Paytm, we are proud to announce that we have been able to help lakh of retail stores across the country to cope with the recent consumer rush. While our Nearby feature helped millions of customers find their nearest Paytm merchant on a daily basis, we have also enabled priority check-out counters for Paytm at More, Big Bazar and Central stores to ensure quicker check-outs for our customers,” said Senior VP Paytm, Jessjeet Bhandari.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Paytm has partnered with various large retail outlets like W, Jumbo, Archies, Woodland, Madura Garments, Red Tape, Modern Bazar amongst others.