Nivea, one of the top global skin care brands and a leader in the FMCG market, will be investing about Rs 1000 crore for setting up a brand new manufacturing plant at Sanand GIDC located about 40 kilometers from Ahmedabad.
Headquartered in Hamburg, Germany, Nivea will be conducting the ground-breaking ceremony of the project on Monday.
According to sources in the Gujarat government, the Nivea India Pvt Ltd has acquired about 70,000 square meters (or 7.53 lakh square feet) of land at the cost of Rs 3250 per square meter within Sanand GIDC for the project. Nivea India is an affiliate of Beiersdorf AG, which is global cosmetic giant.
“They will be investing about Rs 1000 crore to set up an manufacturing unit for Nivea creme, body lotion, shower gel and other products. The company had made an application in this regard to the state government authorities in December 2013,” a senior state government official told The Indian Express on conditions of anonymity.
Nivea is the sixth major FMCG brand to set up base at Sanand. A couple of weeks ago, The Indian Express had reported how Gujarat’s auto-hub was fast turning into a an FMCG hub with big brands like Nestle, Colgate Palmolive, Rasna, Inbisco and Greek-snack maker Chipita pitching tent at this industrial cluster.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
At the ground-breaking ceremony on Monday, the deputy Consul General of the Federal Republic of Germany, Michael Ott will be guest of honour, while the top leadership of Beiersdorf AG including chairman of Supervisory Board, Professor Dr Reinhard Pollath will be present at Sanand.
Experts point out the FMCG companies – mostly MNCs – in search for a finished goods market are flocking to Gujarat as it scores well in terms of good quality infrastructure like water supply, roads and power.
Avinash Nair | The Financial Express