Nivea, one of the top global skin care brands and a leader in the FMCG market, will be investing about Rs 1000 crore for setting up a brand new manufacturing plant at Sanand GIDC located about 40 kilometers from Ahmedabad.
Headquartered in Hamburg, Germany, Nivea will be conducting the ground-breaking ceremony of the project on Monday.
According to sources in the Gujarat government, the Nivea India Pvt Ltd has acquired about 70,000 square meters (or 7.53 lakh square feet) of land at the cost of Rs 3250 per square meter within Sanand GIDC for the project. Nivea India is an affiliate of Beiersdorf AG, which is global cosmetic giant.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
“They will be investing about Rs 1000 crore to set up an manufacturing unit for Nivea creme, body lotion, shower gel and other products. The company had made an application in this regard to the state government authorities in December 2013,” a senior state government official told The Indian Express on conditions of anonymity.
Nivea is the sixth major FMCG brand to set up base at Sanand. A couple of weeks ago, The Indian Express had reported how Gujarat’s auto-hub was fast turning into a an FMCG hub with big brands like Nestle, Colgate Palmolive, Rasna, Inbisco and Greek-snack maker Chipita pitching tent at this industrial cluster.
At the ground-breaking ceremony on Monday, the deputy Consul General of the Federal Republic of Germany, Michael Ott will be guest of honour, while the top leadership of Beiersdorf AG including chairman of Supervisory Board, Professor Dr Reinhard Pollath will be present at Sanand.
Experts point out the FMCG companies – mostly MNCs – in search for a finished goods market are flocking to Gujarat as it scores well in terms of good quality infrastructure like water supply, roads and power.
Avinash Nair | The Financial Express