State-run NHPC Friday posted 27.8 per cent increase in standalone net profit to Rs 1,554.6 crore for the September quarter.
It had posted net profit of Rs 1,215.6 crore in the July-September period of last fiscal, NHPC said in a BSE filing.
Its total income from operations increased to Rs 2,403.3 crore, over Rs 2,344.9 crore in the year-ago period.
The company’s total expenses during the quarter under review increased to Rs 1,185.9 crore, over Rs 1,128.3 crore in the year-ago period.
A ‘mini ratna’ firm, NHPC is the country’s premier hydropower player. In 2015-16, its power stations achieved generation of 23,404 million units.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
NHPC is setting up five projects with total installed capacity of 4,290 mw, including 1,000 mw Pakal Dul project being executed through a JV company.
About 10 projects of 7,151 mw are awaiting clearances/government approval for their implementation including three projects of 1,186 mw to be executed through subsidiary/joint venture companies.
In another BSE filing, the company stated that its board has approved raising of Rs 2,250 crore through issuance of “V” series corporate bonds on private placement basis.
This bond issue is part of the proposal to raise Rs 4,500 crore that was approved by shareholders in the 40th Annual General Meeting held on September 22, 2016.