German car-maker Mercedes Benz on Thursday rolled out the locally made diesel variant of its luxury sedan S Class 350 priced at Rs 1.07 crore (ex-showroom Maharashtra).
This is for the first time that Merc is introducing the diesel variant of its popular S Class models.
Besides, the company also commenced generation from its 100-kw rooftop solar plant at the Chakan facility, which will produce 1.50 lakh units of power annually.
“We are delighted to manufacture the new S Class 350 at the Chakan plant and offer the much-awaited diesel option,” Mercedes Benz India managing director and chief executive Eberhard Kern told reporters here.
He said Mercedes had for the first time introduced body manufacturing for the S Class locally.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Kern said the company had received environmental clearances for its plans to double production capacity to 20,000 units annually at the Chakan plant by this year.
The S Class diesel is the fifth product launched by the German luxury car maker, which occupies the No. 2 slot in market share in the domestic market, this year.
“At the beginning of the year we had announced to launch 10 new products this calendar year. With the S Class diesel, we have already rolled out five new products so far,” Kern said.
Talking about the installation of its solar power plant, Kern said it reiterates Mercedes’ commitment to achieve excellence in manufacturing by introducing environment-friendly initiatives.