Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) is establishing a chain of retail outlets branded Nexa to exclusively cater to the sale of premium products starting with upcoming cross-over utility vehicle S-Cross.
MSIL has set a target of selling two million units annually by 2020. The company expects Nexa network to contribute significantly to its sales by the end of the decade.
Maruti Suzuki will open 100 dealerships across 30 cities under the Nexa brand by the end of the current financial year.
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis launched in India at Rs 4.59 lakh
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis booking open: Expected Price, Variants and Features
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis: Specifications, Expected Price, Launch Date, Images
- Fashion Design Council announces NEXA’s association with Amazon India Fashion Week
- Maruti Baleno drives into premium segment, wants to push rivals off the road
- Maruti Suzuki launches new premium sales channel NEXA
Company has recruited around 700 personnel from hospitality, aviation and financial services sectors to offer a differentiated luxury car buying experience for its ‘discerning customers’.
R S Kalsi, executive director (marketing & sales), MSIL said, “We have a base of 15 million customers. Our customer profile is changing and we not only need to offer new premium products so that they stay with us when they look to upgrade to bigger cars, but also a different buying experience. Many of them are third generation customers, young achievers who are experienced car users and the usual retail experience as with first-time customers may not do for them.”
“We need to offer a differentiated buying experience to these customers. So we have hired people from other sectors like hospitality, aviation and financial services. These personnel are being specially trained and will serve as dedicated relationship managers to our discerning clientele,” he added.