Maruti Suzuki India strengthened its dominance with five of its models figuring in the top 10 best selling car brands in the domestic market in April. In the same month last year, the company had four models among the top 10 selling cars in India.
According to the latest data from Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), in the top 10 best selling models, MSI’s Alto retained the top position last month with 16,763 units, as against 19,847 units in April last year.
The company’s compact sedan Dzire was the second best selling car model with 16,008 units as compared to 19,446 units in April last year. Its premium hatchback Swift was at 3rd position selling 15,874 units, as compared to 16,531 units in the year-ago month. Hyundai Motor India Ltd’s (HMIL) Grand i10, which was launched in September last year, occupied the 4th position with 9,612 units in April, ahead of MSI’s WagonR, which clocked 9,280 units.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
WagonR was in 4th position last April with 12,794 units. MSI’s latest hatchback model Celerio was at 9th position with 5,805 units. The other models that made up the top 10 best selling cars in India in April were Honda Cars India’s mid sized sedan City (6th) with 7,044 units, HMIL’s compact sedan Xcent (7th) selling 6,663 units.
HMIL’s entry level compact car Eon was the 8th best selling car model in the domestic market in April clocking 6,500 units, while the company’s premium hatchback i20 was in 10th position with 3,459 units during the month. In the utility vehicles category, Mahindra & Mahindra’s Bolero continued to be in the top position selling 8,942 units in April.
MSI’s Ertiga was the second best selling model with 4,857 units, ahead of M&M’s Scorpio that clocked 4,092 units during the month. Ford’s compact SUV Ecosport was the 4th best selling model in the category with 4,013 units, while Toyota’s Innova retained its 5th position with 3,590 units in April this year.