Maruti Suzuki India strengthened its dominance with five of its models figuring in the top 10 best selling car brands in the domestic market in April. In the same month last year, the company had four models among the top 10 selling cars in India.
According to the latest data from Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), in the top 10 best selling models, MSI’s Alto retained the top position last month with 16,763 units, as against 19,847 units in April last year.
The company’s compact sedan Dzire was the second best selling car model with 16,008 units as compared to 19,446 units in April last year. Its premium hatchback Swift was at 3rd position selling 15,874 units, as compared to 16,531 units in the year-ago month. Hyundai Motor India Ltd’s (HMIL) Grand i10, which was launched in September last year, occupied the 4th position with 9,612 units in April, ahead of MSI’s WagonR, which clocked 9,280 units.
WagonR was in 4th position last April with 12,794 units. MSI’s latest hatchback model Celerio was at 9th position with 5,805 units. The other models that made up the top 10 best selling cars in India in April were Honda Cars India’s mid sized sedan City (6th) with 7,044 units, HMIL’s compact sedan Xcent (7th) selling 6,663 units.
HMIL’s entry level compact car Eon was the 8th best selling car model in the domestic market in April clocking 6,500 units, while the company’s premium hatchback i20 was in 10th position with 3,459 units during the month. In the utility vehicles category, Mahindra & Mahindra’s Bolero continued to be in the top position selling 8,942 units in April.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
MSI’s Ertiga was the second best selling model with 4,857 units, ahead of M&M’s Scorpio that clocked 4,092 units during the month. Ford’s compact SUV Ecosport was the 4th best selling model in the category with 4,013 units, while Toyota’s Innova retained its 5th position with 3,590 units in April this year.