The country’s largest car-maker Maruti Suzuki India today reported 26.9 per cent increase in its total sales in August at 1,10,776 units as against 87,323 units in the same month of previous year.
Domestic sales during the month stood at 98,304 units, up 29.3 per cent from 76,018 units in August of previous year, Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) said in a statement.
Sales of mini passenger cars, including Alto, A-Star and WagonR were up 8.3 per cent at 34,686 units as against 32,019 units in the previous year.
MSI said during the month, sales of its compact cars, comprising Swift, Estilo, Celerio, Ritz and Dzire were at 46,759 units as against 30,512 units in the year-ago month, up 53.2 per cent.
Dzire Tour sales were at 1,328 units as against 520 units in August last year, up 114.2 per cent.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Sales of mid-sized sedan SX4 were down by 85.6 per cent to 50 units as against 348 units in August of previous year, the company said.
The company’s sales of utility vehicles, including Ertiga and Gypsy were at 5,491 units as against 4,563 units, up 20.3 per cent.
Van sales, comprising Omni and Eeco were at 9,990 units as compared to 7,956 units in the previous year, up 25.6 per cent, it said.
Exports in August were up 10.3 per cent to 12,472 units from 11,305 units in the same month of previous year, it added.