Country’s largest car-maker Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) today reported a 33.5 per cent increase in its total sales for June at 1,12,773 units as against 84,455 units in the same month last year.
Maruti Suzuki India said its domestic sales rose by 31.1 per cent during the month to 1,00,964 units as against 77,002 units in June 2013.
Sales of mini segment cars, including M800, Alto, A-Star and WagonR, rose by 52.1 per cent to 47,618 units as compared to 31,314 units in the year-ago month, MSI said in a statement.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The company said sales of the compact segment comprising Swift, Estilo, Ritz rose by 6.2 per cent to 22,293 units in June this year as against 20,996 units in the same month a year ago.
MSI said sales of its popular compact sedan Dzire rose by 27.4 per cent during the month under review at 15,990 units as against 12548 units in June 2013.
The sales of company’s mid-sized sedan SX4 rose by 2.5 per cent to 322 units in June as against 314 units in the same month last year. There was no sale of premium sedan Kizashi during the month.
Sales of utility vehicles, including Gypsy, Grand Vitara and Ertiga, rose marginally at 5,003 units in June this year from 4,997 units in the corresponding month last year.
Sales of vans – Omni and Eeco – increased by 42.5 per cent to 9,738 units in June this year as compared to 6,833 units in the same period of the previous year.
Exports during the month rose by 58.4 per cent to 11,809 units as compared to 7,453 units in June last year, MSI said.
Maruti Suzuki shares up 4.3 percent after earlier marking a record high of 2,563.75 rupees as the company said it sold 112,773 units in June, higher than some analyst expectations of about 100,000 units. Sales in June have been good due to the extension of excise duty benefits despite the closure of a plant for one week for maintenance, traders add.