Country’s largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) is looking to launch the premium hatchback Baleno in new markets, including Caribbean Islands and South Africa, in the coming months as part of plans to export the model to over 100 nations. The car, which has already crossed the milestone of 1 lakh sales in the domestic market, will also be shipped to countries in Latin America, Middle East and South East Asia.
“In following months it (Baleno) will be launched in Caribbean Islands, Uruguay, Bolivia, Costa Rica, Honduras, Panama, Peru, South Africa, Indonesia, Middle East countries like UAE, Oman, Kuwait, Lebanon, Qatar, Saudi Arabia,” a company spokesperson said.
MSI currently exports the car to France, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Chile, Israel, England, Nepal, Bhutan, Austria and Australia.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Till date around 38,000 units of the model have been dispatched to these destinations.
Baleno is the first product from the MSI portfolio to be exported to Japan where its parent company Suzuki Motor Corporation (SMC) is based.
The company and its supplier partners have invested Rs 1,060 crore in the development of Baleno, which is being manufactured at the company’s Manesar plant.
MSI had launched Baleno in India on October 26 last year.