Maruti Suzuki India , the country’s largest carmaker, today reported 11.4 per cent decline in total sales in April to 86,196 units, against 97,302 units in the same month last year.
The company said its domestic sales declined by 12.6 per cent during the month to 79,119 units as against 90,523 units in April 2013.
Sales of mini segment cars, including M 800, Alto, A-Star and Wagon R, declined 25.4 per cent to 26,043 units as against 34,927 units in the year-ago month, MSI said in a statement.
The company said sales of the compact segment, comprising Swift, Estilo, Ritz, rose 9.9 per cent to 23,659 units in April this year as against 21,535 units last year.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
MSI said sales of its popular compact sedan Dzire declined 17.7 per cent during the month under review to 16,008 units as against 19,446 units in April 2013.
Mid-sized sedan SX4 registered a decline of 87.4 per cent to 76 units as against 601 units in the same month last year. There was no sale of premium sedan Kizashi during the month.
Sales of utility vehicles, including Gypsy, Grand Vitara and Ertiga, declined 5.8 per cent to 5,011 units in April this year from 5,318 units in the corresponding month last year.
Sales of vans — Omni and Eeco — declined 4.3 per cent to 8,322 units in April this year from 8,696 units in the corresponding period.
Exports during the month rose 4.4 per cent to 7,077 units as compared to 6,779 units in April last year, MSI said.