Maruti Suzuki India , the country’s largest carmaker, today reported 11.4 per cent decline in total sales in April to 86,196 units, against 97,302 units in the same month last year.
The company said its domestic sales declined by 12.6 per cent during the month to 79,119 units as against 90,523 units in April 2013.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Sales of mini segment cars, including M 800, Alto, A-Star and Wagon R, declined 25.4 per cent to 26,043 units as against 34,927 units in the year-ago month, MSI said in a statement.
The company said sales of the compact segment, comprising Swift, Estilo, Ritz, rose 9.9 per cent to 23,659 units in April this year as against 21,535 units last year.
MSI said sales of its popular compact sedan Dzire declined 17.7 per cent during the month under review to 16,008 units as against 19,446 units in April 2013.
Mid-sized sedan SX4 registered a decline of 87.4 per cent to 76 units as against 601 units in the same month last year. There was no sale of premium sedan Kizashi during the month.
Sales of utility vehicles, including Gypsy, Grand Vitara and Ertiga, declined 5.8 per cent to 5,011 units in April this year from 5,318 units in the corresponding month last year.
Sales of vans — Omni and Eeco — declined 4.3 per cent to 8,322 units in April this year from 8,696 units in the corresponding period.
Exports during the month rose 4.4 per cent to 7,077 units as compared to 6,779 units in April last year, MSI said.