Marksans Pharma has received approval from the US health regulator for Paricalcitol capsules, used for treating hyper parathyroidism. “USFDA (US Food & Drug Administration) has granted approval for an abbreviated new drug application (ANDA) for Paricalcitol Capsules 1 mcg, 2 mcg and 4 mcg,” Marksans Pharma said in a BSE filing Tuesday.
Watch What Else Is Making News
Paricalcitol Capsules are therapeutically equivalent to the reference listed drug Zemplar Capsules 1 mcg, 2 mcg and 4 mcg.
Paricalcitol Capsules is a synthetic Vitamin D analog.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“Vitamin D is important for absorption of Calcium from the stomach and for functioning of Calcium in the body. Paricalcitol is used to treat or prevent hyper parathyroidism,” the company said.
Shares of Marksans were trading 3.47 per cent up at Rs 55.10 apiece on BSE.