Marksans Pharma has received approval from the US health regulator for Paricalcitol capsules, used for treating hyper parathyroidism. “USFDA (US Food & Drug Administration) has granted approval for an abbreviated new drug application (ANDA) for Paricalcitol Capsules 1 mcg, 2 mcg and 4 mcg,” Marksans Pharma said in a BSE filing Tuesday.
Watch What Else Is Making News
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Paricalcitol Capsules are therapeutically equivalent to the reference listed drug Zemplar Capsules 1 mcg, 2 mcg and 4 mcg.
Paricalcitol Capsules is a synthetic Vitamin D analog.
“Vitamin D is important for absorption of Calcium from the stomach and for functioning of Calcium in the body. Paricalcitol is used to treat or prevent hyper parathyroidism,” the company said.
Shares of Marksans were trading 3.47 per cent up at Rs 55.10 apiece on BSE.