UK-based apparel chain Marks & Spencer (M&S) is planning to open 60 more stores in India by 2016 in order to claim a “leadership position” in the domestic retail market.
The retailer “plans to build a leadership position in the Indian market, targeting a total of 100 stores by 2016,” M&S said in a statement today.
At present, M&S operates 40 stores in India through 51:49 joint venture with Reliance Retail. A total of 100 stores also include 20 lingerie and beauty stores.
Commenting on the announcement, Marks & Spencer Reliance India Managing Director Venu Nair said: “Together with our partner Reliance Retail, we are continuing to invest into accelerating our growth in India as we build a leadership position in the market.
“…the strong performance of our lingerie and beauty offer presents us with an exciting growth opportunity,” he added.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
M&S opened a standalone lingerie and beauty store in Mumbai earlier this month.
“The move capitalises on the growth opportunities in the lingerie and beauty in the Indian market – M&S saw its lingerie and beauty sales increase by 38 per cent and 26 per cent respectively in the previous (fiscal) year,” it added.