Auto major Mahindra & Mahindra on Saturday reported 8 per cent increase in total sales at 46,130 units in September.
The company had sold 42,848 units in the same month last year, a company statement said.
Watch what else is making news
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
In the domestic market, sales were up 7 per cent at 42,545 units last month as compared with 39,693 in September 2015, M&M said.
Exports during the month grew by 14 per cent to 3,585 units as against 3,155 units in September last year, it added.
Sales of passenger vehicles, including Scorpio, XUV500, Xylo, Bolero and Verito, were also up 5 per cent to 20,537 units compared to 19,564 units in the same month last year.
Commercial vehicle sales were up 11 per cent to 16,081 units in September as against 14,430 units in the year-ago period, M&M said.
Commenting on the sales performance, M&M Chief Executive (auto division) Pravin Shah said: “A good year and a normal spread of monsoon as well as new vehicle launches have helped the auto industry perform positively.”
He further said: “We hope that the upcoming festive season brings in better demand due to improved sentiments.”
In spite of various uncertainties and challenges, the company has clocked 11 per cent growth during the first six months of the current fiscal, he added.