Mahindra Aerospace and GE Aviation have signed a pact for cooperation in manufacturing of aerostructures.
A memorandum of understanding has been signed between GE Aviation, Hamble – the Aerostructures business of GE Aviation, and Mahindra Aerospace at the Farnborough Airshow 2014.
The agreement will enable GE Aviation, Hamble to define possibilities for placing existing work and to collaborate on new opportunities with Mahindra Aerospace, Mahindra group said in a statement.
Commenting on the partnership, Stefanie Darlington, Sourcing Leader for GE Aviation’s Aerostructures business said collaboration with Mahindra Aerospace will create additional manufacturing capacity with a strategically important and cost-effective partner, who has already demonstrated its capabilities in metallic aerostructures for a range of aircraft applications.
“It will further expand our international supply chain and help enable GE Aviation, Hamble to meet its growth, delivery and cost goals,” Darlington added.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Mahindra Aerospace, founded in 2007, extended the Mahindra Group’s automotive design and manufacturing expertise to the aerospace industry. It had acquired several companies such as Aerostaff Australia and Gipps Aero which had design and manufacturing experience to strengthen its capabilities in low-cost production.
GE Aviation, Hamble is part of GE Aviation’s Structures operation, with its headquarters at Hamble-le-Rice in Southampton, UK.