Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) on Friday expanded its electric vehicle portfolio with the launch of e20 Plus hatchback priced at Rs 5.46 lakh to Rs 8.46 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). The company has marked the entry level P2 variant of the vehicle for fleet owners but hasn’t disclosed its price yet. The other variants — P4, P6, and P8 — are priced at Rs 5.46 lakh, Rs 5.95 lakh and Rs 8.46 lakh respectively.
“As the pioneers in the integrated and electric mobility solutions in India, it has always been our endeavour to make electric vehicles more accessible across segments,” M&M Executive Director Pawan Goenka told reporters here.
The launch of e20 Plus marks the company’s foray into the mass market electric city car segment, he added.
The vehicle comes with a range of 140 kms on one single charge and achieves a top speed of 85 kmph.
The company, which has already invested around Rs 600 crore on developing electric technology, already sells three vehicles — e20, eVerito and eSupro.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
It is also developing a bigger electric 80 KW powertrain which would be able to run bigger vehicles going forward, Goenka said.
M&M president and chief executive (Automotive) Pravin Shah said that the e20 Plus is an amalgamation of advancements in automotive technology, electronics and information technology.
“As a listening organisation, the e20 Plus has been evolved keeping in mind the feedback from our potential customers,” he added.
The e20 Plus is primarily meant for city commuting and comes with various features such as easy hone charging, hill assist, reverse camera, charging ports and smartphone connectivity among others.
Since launching its first electric product– e20 in March 2013 — the company has so far sold around 3,000 units in the country.