Kalaignar TV’s managing director Sharad Kumar and a former COO of Sun TV Network today appeared before CBI here in connection with the illegal telephone exchange case.
Kumar and former Sun TV Chief Operating Officer Hansraj Saxena appeared before the Anti-Corruption Bureau of the CBI here this morning for enquiry, CBI sources said.
CBI had in October last year filed a case against the then Union Telecom Minister Dayanidhi Maran and BSNL officials for allegedly allotting 300 high-speed telephone lines to Maran’s residence in Chennai, which were extended to his brother’s channel.
After he was quizzed by CBI officials, Sharad Kumar told reporters, “They called me for clarification for certain things. I have given it. I am not in a position to talk about this.”
Saxena said “I have been called again. Investigations are going on. I am not in a position to talk about it. Sharad and I were questioned separately. They told me I will be called again for questioning.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Saxena also claimed he was Vice President, Programming and had nothing to do with the uplinking.
“They should ask the technical department about this. The questioning was only about this illegal exchange case and not anything else.”