Kalaignar TV’s managing director Sharad Kumar and a former COO of Sun TV Network today appeared before CBI here in connection with the illegal telephone exchange case.
Kumar and former Sun TV Chief Operating Officer Hansraj Saxena appeared before the Anti-Corruption Bureau of the CBI here this morning for enquiry, CBI sources said.
CBI had in October last year filed a case against the then Union Telecom Minister Dayanidhi Maran and BSNL officials for allegedly allotting 300 high-speed telephone lines to Maran’s residence in Chennai, which were extended to his brother’s channel.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
After he was quizzed by CBI officials, Sharad Kumar told reporters, “They called me for clarification for certain things. I have given it. I am not in a position to talk about this.”
Saxena said “I have been called again. Investigations are going on. I am not in a position to talk about it. Sharad and I were questioned separately. They told me I will be called again for questioning.”
Saxena also claimed he was Vice President, Programming and had nothing to do with the uplinking.
“They should ask the technical department about this. The questioning was only about this illegal exchange case and not anything else.”