Tobacco-to-FMCG conglomerate ITC has replaced Tata group’s IT giant TCS as the country’s most admired company on a Fortune magazine list, which has got as many as 19 new entrants including Cognizant, Birla group firm Idea Cellular and discom BSES Rajdhani Power Ltd.
In the latest list for the year 2014, ITC is followed by engineering and infrastructure major Larsen and Toubro (L&T), another FMCG giant Hindustan Unilever, carmaker Maruti Suzuki and public sector bank SBI among the top five most admired companies in India.
In comparison, the list for 2013 was topped by TCS, followed by HUL, ITC, Infosys and SBI at in the top-five. TCS has moved down to the sixth position this year.
Releasing the third annual list of 45 most admired companies in India for the year 2014, the business magazine said there are as many as 19 new entities on the list including GMR Infra, Shapoorji Pallonji, Idea Cellular, BSES Rajdhani Power Ltd (BRPL), Cognizant and Abbott Pharma.
The list has been prepared in in collaboration with the Hay Group.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
In sectoral rankings, NTPC is at the top position for the power sector and is followed by Tata Power, BRPL, PowerGrid and BSES Yamuna Power in the top five. These are followed by NPCIL, Adani Power, NHPC, CESC, Gujarat State Electricity, Suzlon Power, Kalpataru Power Transmission and Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam.
Out of these, three companies have found place on the main list — NTPC at 22nd, Tata Power at 27th, BRPL at 35th position.
For the telecom sector, Vodafone India is on the top and is followed by Bharti Airtel, Idea Cellular, Tata Communications, Reliance Communications, Aircel, Tata Tele, MTNL, BSNL, MTS, Tulip Telecom and Uninor.
The list for pharma and healthcare sector is topped by Apollo Hospitals, followed by Abbott India, GSK Pharma, Cadila, Sun Pharma, Cipla and Ranbaxy, among others.
The rankings are based on a survey of over 1,500 companies as per responses from the top industry executives, including on the basis of peer group response.