Tobacco-to-FMCG conglomerate ITC has replaced Tata group’s IT giant TCS as the country’s most admired company on a Fortune magazine list, which has got as many as 19 new entrants including Cognizant, Birla group firm Idea Cellular and discom BSES Rajdhani Power Ltd.
In the latest list for the year 2014, ITC is followed by engineering and infrastructure major Larsen and Toubro (L&T), another FMCG giant Hindustan Unilever, carmaker Maruti Suzuki and public sector bank SBI among the top five most admired companies in India.
In comparison, the list for 2013 was topped by TCS, followed by HUL, ITC, Infosys and SBI at in the top-five. TCS has moved down to the sixth position this year.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Releasing the third annual list of 45 most admired companies in India for the year 2014, the business magazine said there are as many as 19 new entities on the list including GMR Infra, Shapoorji Pallonji, Idea Cellular, BSES Rajdhani Power Ltd (BRPL), Cognizant and Abbott Pharma.
The list has been prepared in in collaboration with the Hay Group.
In sectoral rankings, NTPC is at the top position for the power sector and is followed by Tata Power, BRPL, PowerGrid and BSES Yamuna Power in the top five. These are followed by NPCIL, Adani Power, NHPC, CESC, Gujarat State Electricity, Suzlon Power, Kalpataru Power Transmission and Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam.
Out of these, three companies have found place on the main list — NTPC at 22nd, Tata Power at 27th, BRPL at 35th position.
For the telecom sector, Vodafone India is on the top and is followed by Bharti Airtel, Idea Cellular, Tata Communications, Reliance Communications, Aircel, Tata Tele, MTNL, BSNL, MTS, Tulip Telecom and Uninor.
The list for pharma and healthcare sector is topped by Apollo Hospitals, followed by Abbott India, GSK Pharma, Cadila, Sun Pharma, Cipla and Ranbaxy, among others.
The rankings are based on a survey of over 1,500 companies as per responses from the top industry executives, including on the basis of peer group response.