IndiGo maintained its lead in Indian aviation sector cornering over 30 per cent market share, as all Indian carriers together flew 53.18 lakh passengers in April this year as against 52.88 lakh in March.
IndiGo has a market share of 31.6 per cent, followed by Jet Airways-JetLite combine with 21.8 per cent and Air India with 18.3, latest Indian air traffic data showed.
SpiceJet was in the fourth place with a 17.9 per cent market share, GoAir had 9.5 per cent and AirCosta 0.8.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Total passengers ferried by all domestic airlines between January-April grew to 206.99 lakh as against 202.90 lakh during the same period last year, recording a growth of little over two per cent.
IndiGo carried the maximum number of 16.8 lakh passengers, followed by Jet Airways-JetLite combine with 11.62 lakh, Air India (Domestic) 9.74 lakh, SpiceJet 9.5 lakh, GoAir 5.07 lakh and Vijayawada-based new regional airline AirCosta 45,000, the data collected by DGCA showed.
AirCosta, which flies to nine destinations with four aircraft, led in the passenger load factor figures (or average percentage of seats filled per aircraft) with 77.8 per cent, with IndiGo following it at 76.9 per cent, GoAir with 76.1, JetLite with 76 and Air India and SpiceJet with 73.3 each.