IndiGo maintained its lead in Indian aviation sector cornering over 30 per cent market share, as all Indian carriers together flew 53.18 lakh passengers in April this year as against 52.88 lakh in March.
IndiGo has a market share of 31.6 per cent, followed by Jet Airways-JetLite combine with 21.8 per cent and Air India with 18.3, latest Indian air traffic data showed.
SpiceJet was in the fourth place with a 17.9 per cent market share, GoAir had 9.5 per cent and AirCosta 0.8.
Total passengers ferried by all domestic airlines between January-April grew to 206.99 lakh as against 202.90 lakh during the same period last year, recording a growth of little over two per cent.
IndiGo carried the maximum number of 16.8 lakh passengers, followed by Jet Airways-JetLite combine with 11.62 lakh, Air India (Domestic) 9.74 lakh, SpiceJet 9.5 lakh, GoAir 5.07 lakh and Vijayawada-based new regional airline AirCosta 45,000, the data collected by DGCA showed.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
AirCosta, which flies to nine destinations with four aircraft, led in the passenger load factor figures (or average percentage of seats filled per aircraft) with 77.8 per cent, with IndiGo following it at 76.9 per cent, GoAir with 76.1, JetLite with 76 and Air India and SpiceJet with 73.3 each.