Honda Cars India Ltd (HCIL) on Saturday reported 18.77 per cent decline in domestic sales at 15,034 units in September. The company had sold 18,509 units in the same month last year, the automaker said in a statement. Last month, HCIL sold 1,209 units of small car Brio, 2,608 units of premium hatchback Jazz, 2,861 units of compact sedan Amaze, 261 units of MPV Mobilio and 5,855 units of mid-sized sedan City.
Watch what else is making news:
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The company also sold 2,193 units of its new compact sports utility vehicle (SUV), BR-V. Besides, it sold 47 units of SUV CRV. In addition, it exported a total of 405 units during the month.
“Honda’s sales have been steadily growing during the past few months. Our enquiry levels have seen a significant increase since the beginning of this festive season and we are looking forward to continuing good sales momentum through October,” HCIL President and CEO Yoichiro Ueno said.