FMCG major Hindustan Unilever Ltd today reported 3.68 per cent increase in standalone net profit at Rs 1,056.85 crore for the first quarter ended June 30, 2014-15.
It had posted net profit of Rs 1,019.25 crore in the April-June quarter of 2013-14 on account of exceptional gain of Rs 106.25 crore, the company said in a BSE filing.
HUL’s net sales climbed to Rs 7,570.78 crore in Q1, 2014-15, from Rs 6687.49 crore a year ago, up 13.20 per cent.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
HUL Chairman Harish Manwani said: “We continue to grow ahead of our markets and have delivered another quarter of strong top and bottom-line performance.
“While we are seeing headwinds on market growth, consumer spending and inflation, we remain focused on managing the business for long term competitive and profitable growth and implementing our strategy with even greater rigour.”
Overall expenses in Q1 stood at Rs 6,466.52 crore, as against Rs 5,789.88 crore in the year-ago period.
The HUL scrip was trading at Rs 682, up 3.02 per cent, on the BSE.