FMCG major Hindustan Unilever Ltd today reported 3.68 per cent increase in standalone net profit at Rs 1,056.85 crore for the first quarter ended June 30, 2014-15.
It had posted net profit of Rs 1,019.25 crore in the April-June quarter of 2013-14 on account of exceptional gain of Rs 106.25 crore, the company said in a BSE filing.
HUL’s net sales climbed to Rs 7,570.78 crore in Q1, 2014-15, from Rs 6687.49 crore a year ago, up 13.20 per cent.
HUL Chairman Harish Manwani said: “We continue to grow ahead of our markets and have delivered another quarter of strong top and bottom-line performance.
“While we are seeing headwinds on market growth, consumer spending and inflation, we remain focused on managing the business for long term competitive and profitable growth and implementing our strategy with even greater rigour.”
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
Overall expenses in Q1 stood at Rs 6,466.52 crore, as against Rs 5,789.88 crore in the year-ago period.
The HUL scrip was trading at Rs 682, up 3.02 per cent, on the BSE.