Mumbai International Airport Pvt Ltd (MIAL), a GVK-led consortium, today awarded 1.16 million square feet of land parcel at the airport for Rs 580 crore to Oasis Realty Pvt Ltd for commercial development.
This transaction is part of the process of overall commercial development of 22 million square feet of the airport in phases over a period of ten years, GVK said in a press release here.
This transaction has been finalised at the rate of approximately Rs 106 crore per acre which translates to total of Rs 580 crore for this parcel at approximately Rs 5,000 per square foot of built-up area, it said.
“GVK SkyCity”, a master-planned, mixed use development with state-of-the-art planning and architecture, urban design and landscape is an ambitious project set to redefine the face of Mumbai.
GVK SkyCity includes uses like luxury, first class, mid-market and budget hotels, serviced apartments, convention centre, entertainment centre, retail, office spaces, etc.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Announcing the award of the contract, GVK Reddy, Executive Chairman, MIAL said, “Our vision for GVK SkyCity is to develop a vibrant 24×7 business and leisure hub and a global convention and hospitality destination.
It is located in heart of Mumbai and is well connected to all parts of Mumbai and Mumbai Metropolitan Region both existing and proposed high speed-high volume traffic system (Western Express Highway, Andheri Ghatkopar Kurla Link Road, Metro-1, Metro-3, etc). GVK SkyCity aspires of being the most eco-friendly large scale development.”
The tenants will be encouraged to value practices such as energy and water conservation, waste management and the improvement of indoor air quality, he further said.
GVK-Led Consortium took over CSI airport on May 3, 2006 under Operation, Management and Development Agreement (OMDA) executed between GVK-Led Consortium and Airports Authority of India (AAI) where operation, development, management, designing, construction, upgradation, modernisation and financing of airport is undertaken by GVK under a right of 30+30 years.