Mumbai International Airport Pvt Ltd (MIAL), a GVK-led consortium, today awarded 1.16 million square feet of land parcel at the airport for Rs 580 crore to Oasis Realty Pvt Ltd for commercial development.
This transaction is part of the process of overall commercial development of 22 million square feet of the airport in phases over a period of ten years, GVK said in a press release here.
This transaction has been finalised at the rate of approximately Rs 106 crore per acre which translates to total of Rs 580 crore for this parcel at approximately Rs 5,000 per square foot of built-up area, it said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“GVK SkyCity”, a master-planned, mixed use development with state-of-the-art planning and architecture, urban design and landscape is an ambitious project set to redefine the face of Mumbai.
GVK SkyCity includes uses like luxury, first class, mid-market and budget hotels, serviced apartments, convention centre, entertainment centre, retail, office spaces, etc.
Announcing the award of the contract, GVK Reddy, Executive Chairman, MIAL said, “Our vision for GVK SkyCity is to develop a vibrant 24×7 business and leisure hub and a global convention and hospitality destination.
It is located in heart of Mumbai and is well connected to all parts of Mumbai and Mumbai Metropolitan Region both existing and proposed high speed-high volume traffic system (Western Express Highway, Andheri Ghatkopar Kurla Link Road, Metro-1, Metro-3, etc). GVK SkyCity aspires of being the most eco-friendly large scale development.”
The tenants will be encouraged to value practices such as energy and water conservation, waste management and the improvement of indoor air quality, he further said.
GVK-Led Consortium took over CSI airport on May 3, 2006 under Operation, Management and Development Agreement (OMDA) executed between GVK-Led Consortium and Airports Authority of India (AAI) where operation, development, management, designing, construction, upgradation, modernisation and financing of airport is undertaken by GVK under a right of 30+30 years.