On Amazon’s India strategy:
Our main strength is our strategy which is global, very simple and is captured in a flywheel. The execution of this strategy is local. We start with the customer experience and work backwards. Building a great customer experience drives traffic, traffic attracts sellers, more sellers drive more selection and this further improves the customer experience. Indian e-commerce space is still in a very nascent stage with significant potential for innovation to improve customer experience. The growth is at an inflection point. With increasing Internet penetration… there is an interest and demand from mini metros and smaller towns across the country. We see it as a tremendous opportunity.
On the $2 bn investment:
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The investment is aimed at supporting amazon.in’s rapid growth and continued focus to enhance the customer and seller experience… Consumers shall benefit from greater selection, lower prices and delivery innovations that will continue to delight them.
On what Indian consumers want:
Our experience… has shown one thing, that customers around the world are similar. They always want a vast selection at low prices and a convenient, reliable and trustworthy online shopping experience. Indian customers are no different.
On Amazon’s priorities in India:
Our vision for India aligns with our global vision which is to build a place where customers can find, discover and buy anything that they desire online… Our total selection across categories is now in excess of 17 million products. Following will be our focus area: to build a varied selection through which we could cater to almost all the customer needs; making online buying an enjoyable, reliable and a trustworthy experience and building quick, reliable and convenient delivery mechanisms.