GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd today posted 42.87 per cent decline in its net profit at Rs 96.54 crore for the first quarter ended March 31, 2014, as the company continued to be impacted by the revamped price control order.
The company had registered a net profit of Rs 169.01 crore during the same period last year.
Net sales of the company declined to Rs 599.85 crore for the first quarter, as compared to Rs 632.14 crore in the same period a year ago, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals said in a BSE filing.
The company follows a January-December financial year.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“The quarter ended march 31, 2014, continued to see the impact of the revamped price control order, extending coverage to the National List of Essential Medicines (NLEM),” the company said.
Last year, Department of Pharmaceuticals had notified the Drugs (Prices Control) Order 2013 under which prices of 348 medicines in the NLEM have been brought under price control, thus replacing an earlier order of 1995 that regulated prices of only 74 bulk drugs.
Shares of GlaxoSmithKline Pharma closed at Rs 2,497.40 apiece, down 0.43 per cent on the BSE.