Former Tata Iron and Steel Co (Tisco) chairman Russi Mody, who was known for his flamboyance, died at his home here last night, sources who were close to him said.
The 96-year old was the chairman of Tisco from 1984 to March 1993, died at his Alipore home in South Kolkata.
Born in a Parsi family in Bombay Presidency on June 17, 1918, Mody was educated at Harrow and went on to do his graduation from Christ College, London.
He joined Tisco in 1939 and went on to become its chairman.
Following his retirement, he took over as the joint chairman of Air India and erstwhile Indian Airlines.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
He had made Kolkata his home and lived alone.
Meanwhile, the Bengal Chamber of Commerce and Industry mourned the passing away of Russi Mody saying that India has lost a true giant of a man, whose human touch endured him to many hearts.