Toshiba Corp on Thursday said a group of investors had sued the company for 16.7 billion yen ($162.29 million) in damages over its false profit statements, the largest single claim of compensation over the accounting scandal so far.
Toshiba said 45 mainly foreign institutional investors filed a lawsuit in the Tokyo District Court. Toshiba was notified of the action on Wednesday.
The filling follows 15 other suits seeking a combined 15.3 billion yen in compensation for damages stemming from the $1.3 billion accounting scandal last year, Toshiba said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Japan Trustee Services Bank filed a suit against the company in August seeking 12 billion yen. Toshiba last year admitted to reporting inflated profits going back to 2008.