The sales of Ford India grew marginally to 22,590 units in September as against 22,428 units in the same month a year ago.
Domestic sales rose 9 per cent to 9,018 units in August as against 8,274 units in the same period a year ago, Ford India said in a statement.
Watch what else is making news
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Exports during the month declined 4.11 per cent to 13,572 units compared with 14,154 units in September 2015, it added.
“Good monsoons, the Seventh Pay Commission and reasonable inflation are helping drive the Indian automotive industry,” said Anurag Mehrotra, executive director, Marketing, Sales & Service, Ford India.
The festive season has started on a promising note and the company expects the excitement and enthusiasm for Ford product portfolio to increase during the season, he added.