Ford India on Friday announced reduction in the prices of its vehicles by up to Rs 1.07 lakh across various models after the excise duty cut announced in the interim Budget.
“Ford India has passed on the benefits of recent excise duty reduction to customers and has revised the prices of its products with immediate effect,” the company said in a statement.
The reductions will be applicable across Ford Figo, Ford Classic, Ford EcoSport, Ford Fiesta and the Ford Endeavour.
Prices of hatchback Ford Figo have been reduced up to Rs 23,399, while that of Ford Classic up to Rs 24,056, the company said.
The prices of compact sports utility vehicle Ford EcoSport have been reduced up to Rs 25,947.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Ford Fiesta and Ford Endeavour will offer benefits up to Rs 32,961 and Rs 1,06,753 respectively, the company said.
Commenting on the move, Ford India Executive Director, Marketing, Sales and Service Vinay Piparsania said: “Reduction of excise duty is a welcome step for the automotive industry and is timely with de-growth the industry is currently witnessing. We hope it will have a positive impact on consumer sentiment and stimulate pent up demand.”
In a separate statement, VE Commercial Vehicles also announced price cuts on Eicher trucks and buses effective from February 18, 2014 to pass on full benefit of the 4 per cent excise duty reductions to its customers.
Earlier this week, other major auto companies, including Maruti Suzuki India, Hyundai Motor India, Honda Cars India, Volkswagen, Mahindra & Mahindra, Fiat, Mercedes Benz and Audi, have announced price cuts to pass on the benefit of excise duty cut to consumers.
In the interim Budget, Finance Minister P Chidambaram cut excise duty to 8 per cent from 12 per cent for small cars, scooters, motorcycles and commercial vehicles; 24 per cent from 30 per cent for SUVs; 20 per cent for mid-sized cars from 24 per cent and 24 per cent for large cars from 27 per cent.