Domestic passenger car sales grew 5.04 per cent to 1,37,873 units in July this year as compared to 1,31,257 units in the same month of 2013.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
According to the data released by Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), motorcycle sales during last month grew 6.17 per cent to 8,59,290 units from 8,09,386 units in the same month previous year.
Total two-wheeler sales in July 2014 grew 13.73 per cent to 12,87,462 units from 11,32,066 units in the same period of previous year.
Total sales of commercial vehicles were down by 13.64 per cent to 47,765 units from 55,310 units in the year-ago period, SIAM said.
Total sale of vehicles across categories registered a growth of 12 per cent to 15,86,123 units in July 2014 as against 14,16,182 units in the same month of 2013, it added.
India’s car sales are expected to grow between 5 and 10 percent this fiscal year, Vishnu Mathur, director general of SIAM told reporters on Friday.
Mathur said while the commercial vehicle sector was “still a concern”, he expected growth in the sector to return after five-six months.