Diageo Plc on Tuesday launched a tender offer to the public shareholders of United Spirits Ltd to acquire up to 37,785,214 shares in USL, which represents 26% of USL’s fully diluted issued share capital as on April 15. The tender offer will be at a price of Rs 3,030 per share and the total consideration for the increased stake (assuming take-up in full at the announced price) will be Rs 11,448 crore (approximately £1,132,458,720).
Check Live BSE Sensex Update
Diageo has launched the tender offer through Relay B.V. a wholly-owned indirect subsidiary of Diageo. Relay currently holds 28.78% of the issued share capital of USL, acquired for a total investment of Rs 6,574 crore (£726,550,972). On completion of the tender offer, if all shares are purchased, Relay will hold 54.78% of USL’s issued share capital and will have paid approximately Rs 18,023 crore (£1,859,009,692) for its total shareholding in USL.
(Also read: Diageo moves Supreme Court against United Spirits stake sale verdict)
If the offer is subscribed in full, the total consideration payable, at the announced price for Diageo’s increased stake will represent a 38x multiple of USL’s EBITDA on a consolidated basis for the year ended March 2013. Diageo’s total investment of Rs 180,23 crore (£1,859,009,692) in USL is expected to be EP positive in FY2022, the 7th full financial year after completion (assuming a 12 % WACC) and EPS accretive in the year ended 30 June 2016.
USL is the leading spirits producer in India. On a consolidated basis, in the financial year ended 31 March 2013, USL earned net revenue of Rs 10,598 crore (£1,048.3 million) from operations, EBITDA of Rs 1,354 crore (£134.0 million) and losses after tax of Rs 105 crore (£10.4 million). USL had INR 16,384 crore (£1,621 million) of total assets on a consolidated basis as at 31 March 2013.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review