Diageo Plc on Tuesday launched a tender offer to the public shareholders of United Spirits Ltd to acquire up to 37,785,214 shares in USL, which represents 26% of USL’s fully diluted issued share capital as on April 15. The tender offer will be at a price of Rs 3,030 per share and the total consideration for the increased stake (assuming take-up in full at the announced price) will be Rs 11,448 crore (approximately £1,132,458,720).
Check Live BSE Sensex Update
Diageo has launched the tender offer through Relay B.V. a wholly-owned indirect subsidiary of Diageo. Relay currently holds 28.78% of the issued share capital of USL, acquired for a total investment of Rs 6,574 crore (£726,550,972). On completion of the tender offer, if all shares are purchased, Relay will hold 54.78% of USL’s issued share capital and will have paid approximately Rs 18,023 crore (£1,859,009,692) for its total shareholding in USL.
(Also read: Diageo moves Supreme Court against United Spirits stake sale verdict)
If the offer is subscribed in full, the total consideration payable, at the announced price for Diageo’s increased stake will represent a 38x multiple of USL’s EBITDA on a consolidated basis for the year ended March 2013. Diageo’s total investment of Rs 180,23 crore (£1,859,009,692) in USL is expected to be EP positive in FY2022, the 7th full financial year after completion (assuming a 12 % WACC) and EPS accretive in the year ended 30 June 2016.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
USL is the leading spirits producer in India. On a consolidated basis, in the financial year ended 31 March 2013, USL earned net revenue of Rs 10,598 crore (£1,048.3 million) from operations, EBITDA of Rs 1,354 crore (£134.0 million) and losses after tax of Rs 105 crore (£10.4 million). USL had INR 16,384 crore (£1,621 million) of total assets on a consolidated basis as at 31 March 2013.