The government today cleared private equity major KKR’s proposal to acquire stakes in two pharmaceutical companies in deals worth over Rs 1,400 crore, including 38 per cent stake buy in Gland Pharma.
The two deals are estimated to be worth Rs 1,434 crore, sources said.
In the first proposal, the Cabinet, in its last meeting under PM Manmohan Singh, cleared KKR Floorline Investments PTE Ltd’s acquisition of stake in Hyderabad-based Gland Pharma through a combination of primary investment into the company and share purchase from EILSF, an existing investor.
The private equity major is to snap up 37.98 per cent stake in Gland Pharma.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Besides, the Cabinet gave its nod for another proposal where KKR would acquire 24.9 per cent stake in Gland Celsus Bio Chemicals Pvt Ltd.
In January, fair trade watchdog Competition Commission of India approved the deals.
KKR, Gland Pharma and Gland Celsus had entered into the share purchase agreements on November 27 last year. KKR had also entered into a shareholders’ agreement with the promoters of Gland Pharma and EILSF Co-Invest I LLC, an existing private equity investor in Gland Pharma.
Gland Pharma is engaged in the business of production and marketing of specialised injectable formulations for generic versions of drugs, it also manufactures a limited quantity of APIs (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients) for in-house consumption.