The government today cleared private equity major KKR’s proposal to acquire stakes in two pharmaceutical companies in deals worth over Rs 1,400 crore, including 38 per cent stake buy in Gland Pharma.
The two deals are estimated to be worth Rs 1,434 crore, sources said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
In the first proposal, the Cabinet, in its last meeting under PM Manmohan Singh, cleared KKR Floorline Investments PTE Ltd’s acquisition of stake in Hyderabad-based Gland Pharma through a combination of primary investment into the company and share purchase from EILSF, an existing investor.
The private equity major is to snap up 37.98 per cent stake in Gland Pharma.
Besides, the Cabinet gave its nod for another proposal where KKR would acquire 24.9 per cent stake in Gland Celsus Bio Chemicals Pvt Ltd.
In January, fair trade watchdog Competition Commission of India approved the deals.
KKR, Gland Pharma and Gland Celsus had entered into the share purchase agreements on November 27 last year. KKR had also entered into a shareholders’ agreement with the promoters of Gland Pharma and EILSF Co-Invest I LLC, an existing private equity investor in Gland Pharma.
Gland Pharma is engaged in the business of production and marketing of specialised injectable formulations for generic versions of drugs, it also manufactures a limited quantity of APIs (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients) for in-house consumption.