Biotechnology major, the Kiran-Mazumdar Shaw-led Biocon Ltd today reported a 54.51 per cent decline in its consolidated net profit at Rs 113.08 crore for the fourth quarter ended March 31, 2014.
The company had posted a net profit of Rs 248.61 crore in the same period of the previous fiscal.
Net sales of the company rose to Rs 722.59 crore for the fourth quarter as against Rs 630.12 crore for the same period a year ago, Biocon Ltd said in a statement.
For the year ended March 31, 2014, the company’s net profit declined by 18.69 per cent to Rs 413.72 crore from Rs 508.82 crore in the 2012-13 fiscal.
The company’s net sales for the just-concluded fiscal rose to Rs 2,852.72 crore, as against Rs 2,427.60 crore in the previous year.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
In a separate statement, the Bangalore-based firm said it has appointed Arun Chandavarkar as the Chief Executive Officer and Joint Managing Director.
The company’s board also recommended a final dividend of Rs 5 per share (100 per cent) for the FY 2013-14.
Biocon shares were trading at Rs 481.10 apiece on the BSE, up 3.04 per cent from its previous close.