Biotechnology major, the Kiran-Mazumdar Shaw-led Biocon Ltd today reported a 54.51 per cent decline in its consolidated net profit at Rs 113.08 crore for the fourth quarter ended March 31, 2014.
The company had posted a net profit of Rs 248.61 crore in the same period of the previous fiscal.
Net sales of the company rose to Rs 722.59 crore for the fourth quarter as against Rs 630.12 crore for the same period a year ago, Biocon Ltd said in a statement.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
For the year ended March 31, 2014, the company’s net profit declined by 18.69 per cent to Rs 413.72 crore from Rs 508.82 crore in the 2012-13 fiscal.
The company’s net sales for the just-concluded fiscal rose to Rs 2,852.72 crore, as against Rs 2,427.60 crore in the previous year.
In a separate statement, the Bangalore-based firm said it has appointed Arun Chandavarkar as the Chief Executive Officer and Joint Managing Director.
The company’s board also recommended a final dividend of Rs 5 per share (100 per cent) for the FY 2013-14.
Biocon shares were trading at Rs 481.10 apiece on the BSE, up 3.04 per cent from its previous close.