Bharti Airtel on Tuesday reported a net income that was higher by 61% on-year at Rs 1,110 crore in the three months to June, reports fe Bureau in Mumbai. Revenues at the Sunil Mittal-promoted wireless carrier rose 13% to Rs 22,960 crore, beating Bloomerg consensus estimates.
However, the firm’s performance in Africa, where it has operations in 17 countries, was modest. Last week, the K M Birla Group’s Idea Cellular had turned in a stellar set of numbers for the June quarter with margins in its 15 established circles hitting 34%.
The consolidated net income came in at Rs 730 crore, up 57% y-o-y, well ahead of estimates. Analysts, however, remain cautious about the entry of Reliance Jio into the market.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
fe Bureau | The Financial Express