Hinduja Group’s heavy commercial vehicle maker Ashok Leyland has posted 18.4 per cent decline in sales in September. The Chennai-based company sold 12,057 units in September 2016, as against 14,783 units during the same month last year.
Sale of light commercial vehicles, however, grew by 17 per cent to 3,094 in September, from 2,637 units sold during same month of last year. Medium and heavy commercial vehicle sale last month dipped by 26 per cent to 8,963 units from 12,146 units during the corresponding period a year ago.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Total sales during the last six months ending September 30, 2016 marginally dipped to 64,611 units from 65,535 units sold during same period of last year.
Sales of light commercial vehicles during the April-September 2016 period grew to 15,238 units from 14,198 units sold during same period last year.
Medium and Heavy Commercial Vehicles sales between April-September 30, 2016 fell by four per cent to 49,373 units from 51,337 units sold during the same period of last year.