Arvind Ltd on Tuesday reported a marginal increase of 1.47 per cent in consolidated net profit at Rs 71.7 crore for the second quarter ended September 30, mainly on account of jump in employee benefit expenses. The company had reported consolidated net profit of Rs 70.66 crore in the July-September period of last fiscal. Consolidated net sales of the company increased by 18.63 per cent to Rs 2,319.11 crore during the period under review as against Rs 1,954.9 crore in the corresponding quarter of the previous fiscal, Arvind Ltd said in a BSE filing.
Watch what else is making news:
The company said its profit after tax was dragged down due to retrenchment compensation. During the quarter, its employee benefit expenses stood at Rs 283.71 crore as against Rs 224.15 crore reported in the same quarter last fiscal. “Our textiles business continues to deliver a strong performance as we continue to pursue a calibrated growth startegy…Our established power brands continues to consolidated their market positions,” Arvind Ltd Director and Chief Financial Officer Jayesh Shah said.
Revenue from textiles segment during the period grew by 8.77 per cent to Rs 1427.5 crore, while revenue from brand and retail business revenue increased by 32.86 per cent to Rs 751.99 crore. Shares of Arvind Ltd were trading at Rs 388.8, up 8.15 per cent, on the BSE.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review