William S Pinckney, Chairman and CEO of Amway India was today placed under arrest by the Andhra Pradesh Police in connection with a complaint against the direct-selling firm.
Kurnool Superintendent of Police Raghurami Reddy said Pinckney was apprehended in Gurgoan yesterday and was brought to Kurnool on a warrant. The arrest was based on a complaint alleging unethical circulation of money through Amway’s operations.
“He will be produced in the court shortly. The CEO has been booked under the Prize Chits and Money Circulation.
Schemes (Banning) Act,” Reddy said.
This is the second time that the Amway India CEO has been taken into custody. A year ago Kerala Police arrested Pinckney and two company Directors on charges of financial irregularities.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016