In a bid to capture the Indian domestic market, where it has been a fringe player for the last few quarters, Air Asia has announced a week long Big Sale starting June 22. The airline is offering tickets for as low as Rs 799 for tickets booked between June 22 and June 28, but for a travel period between February 15, 2016 and August 31, 2016.
The cheapest tickets on offer are as low as Rs 799 from Bengaluru to Kochi, almost the bus fare on this route.
- Go Air offering flight tickets for as cheap as Rs 312: Here's all you need to know
- GoAir offers heavy discounts on select routes
- AirAsia offers domestic flight tickets at base fare of Rs 99, offer valid till November 19
- Air Asia, Indigo offer discount prices on domestic routes
- Discount battle heats up as airlines offer Diwali-special fare, starting at Rs 1,073
- Vistara announces fares starting at Rs 799 under sale offer
Tickets from Bengaluru to Goa, Pune and Visakhapatnam can be bought for Rs 999. Tickets to Jaipur, Chandigarh and New Delhi are priced between Rs 1,599 and 1,999 from this airport.
However, the low fares seem to be limited to these routes. Yes, there are a few available on shorter routes like Gauhati-Imphal at Rs 799, which would be really welcome in that part of the country.
From Delhi, the cheap fared are limited to Guwahati (Rs 1,799), Bengaluru and Goa (Rs 1,999).
There are a few good deals to be hand in the international route too. For instance, tickets to Australian cities like Perth from Bengaluru and Chennai are available for as low as Rs 6,709 via Kuala Lumpur. There are other great deals to rest of Asia from cities like Kolkata, Hyderabad and Tiruchirapalli.