Aditya Birla Retail and Fashion Ltd (ABFRL) will set up an apparel manufacturing unit in Odisha with a capacity of 2.5 million pieces per annum.
The foundation stone for the unit was laid by Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik who applauded the group for the initiative.
“We are proud to bring the manufacturing of apparels for our premium brands like Louis Philippe, Van Huesen, Allen Solly and Peter England to Odisha as part of ‘Make in Odisha’ initiative,” said ABFRL Business Head Ashish Dikshit.
The ABFRL Bhubaneswar unit is the first manufacturing unit outside Bangalore. “Our unit will have the capacity of 2.5 million pieces per annum and generate employment for about 1,600 people, most of whom will be women,” added Dikshit.
Among others present during the foundation stone laying ceremony were Prassana Patsani, Satish Pai (MD, Hindalco), R Swaminathan (COO, ABFRL), Raviee (Assistant vice-president, ABFRL).
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More