Gautam Adani promoted Adani Ports & SEZ Ltd, has signed an agreement with France’s CMA CGM Group — world’s third largest container shipping company — to develop a new common user Container Terminal at Mundra Port in Kutch district of Gujarat. This will be the fourth container terminal at Mundra.
The project comprises of design and construction of 650 meters jetty with a water depth of 16.5 meters. It will also have an 27 hectares area that will be capable of handling 1.3 million TEUs (Twenty-foot equivalent units) annually, stated an official release here on Friday.
The terminal will initially have four units of 65 tonne capacity of Rail Mounted Quay Cranes capable of handing 1800 TEU vessels and Super Post and Ultra Large Container Vessels. These cranes will be the largest and first of its kind in India, the company claimed.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
“We are very pleased with this JV partnership that will help put our continued expansion at Mundra Port on an even steeper trajectory. The strategic value of such a partnership with a major global player like CMA CGM is hugely significant and opens up a whole set of additional opportunities and synergies for both the companies,” stated Gautam Adani, chairman of the Adani Group in the release.
“This (new container terminal) will make Mundra the largest container port in the country,” he added about the project that is expected to be completed in the next 24 months.
Besides Mundra, APSEZ currently operates container terminals at Hazira and plans to construct two additional terminals at Ennore in Chennai and Dhamra in Orissa.