Adani Enterprises today reported a massive six-fold increase in consolidated net profit at Rs 2,847.82 crore for the January-March quarter, boosted by gains from compensatory tariff for its arm Adani Power.
The flagship firm of Adani group had reported a net profit of Rs 473.78 crore in the fourth quarter of FY’13.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
The company’s total income increased to Rs 16,171 crore in March 2014 quarter as against Rs 11,512.9 crore in the corresponding quarter last fiscal.
Derivative gain during the quarter stood at Rs 240.31 crore over Rs 69.72 crore in the corresponding period a year-ago.
“Income from operations includes revenue recognised by one of the subsidiary companies i.e. Adani Power Ltd amounting to Rs 1,843.12 crore towards the compensatory tariff comprising of lump sum compensation of Rs 829.75 crore till March 2013 and Rs 1,013.37 crore from April, 1 2013 to March 31, 2013,” the company said in the filing.
Adani Enterprises’ mainstay trading business reported a marginal 0.9 per cent increase in revenues at Rs 5,203.53 crore in the last quarter, while income from port business was down 7.27 per cent at Rs 791.77 crore.
Revenue from power business rose to Rs 6,125.34 crore in the quarter as against 1,924.53 crore a year ago.
The total expenses of the company jumped 22.8 per cent to Rs 13,000.75 crore.
Shares of the company had closed at Rs 530.90 apiece on the BSE yesterday, up 0.06 per cent from their previous close.