Adani Enterprises today reported a massive six-fold increase in consolidated net profit at Rs 2,847.82 crore for the January-March quarter, boosted by gains from compensatory tariff for its arm Adani Power.
The flagship firm of Adani group had reported a net profit of Rs 473.78 crore in the fourth quarter of FY’13.
The company’s total income increased to Rs 16,171 crore in March 2014 quarter as against Rs 11,512.9 crore in the corresponding quarter last fiscal.
Derivative gain during the quarter stood at Rs 240.31 crore over Rs 69.72 crore in the corresponding period a year-ago.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“Income from operations includes revenue recognised by one of the subsidiary companies i.e. Adani Power Ltd amounting to Rs 1,843.12 crore towards the compensatory tariff comprising of lump sum compensation of Rs 829.75 crore till March 2013 and Rs 1,013.37 crore from April, 1 2013 to March 31, 2013,” the company said in the filing.
Adani Enterprises’ mainstay trading business reported a marginal 0.9 per cent increase in revenues at Rs 5,203.53 crore in the last quarter, while income from port business was down 7.27 per cent at Rs 791.77 crore.
Revenue from power business rose to Rs 6,125.34 crore in the quarter as against 1,924.53 crore a year ago.
The total expenses of the company jumped 22.8 per cent to Rs 13,000.75 crore.
Shares of the company had closed at Rs 530.90 apiece on the BSE yesterday, up 0.06 per cent from their previous close.