The government on Tuesday increased the minimum support price (MSP) of wheat by Rs 100 to Rs 1,625 a quintal and pulses by up to Rs 550 per quintal to boost output of these rabi crops and check prices. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA), chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has given its approval for the Minimum Support Prices (MSPs) for all rabi (winter- sown) crops of 2016-17. The CCEA has approved Rs 100 per quintal hike in wheat MSP to Rs 1,625 per quintal for the 2016-17 rabi crop against Rs 1,525 per quintal last year. “Wheat has been hiked by 6.6 per cent, barley 8.2 per cent and including bonus, gram 14.3 per cent, masur 16.2 per cent, rapeseed/mustard 10.4 per cent, safflower 12.1 per cent,” an official spokesperson said.
“Further, to incentivise cultivation of pulses and oilseeds, a bonus on these crops over MSP has been announced,”
he added. Gram MSP has been hiked to Rs 4,000 per quintal, including bonus, from Rs 3,500 per quintal in the previous year, while support ptice of masur has been raised to Rs 3,950 per quintal from Rs 3,400 per quintal.
The Agriculture Ministry had proposed the support price of gram and masoor at Rs 4,000 per quintal each, including
bonus, for the rabi season to boost domestic output, reduce the country’s dependence on imports, and check prices.
Last year, gram and masur MSPs were fixed at Rs 3,500 and Rs 3,400 per quintal, respectively, after including Rs 75 per quintal bonus each. The MSP is the rate at which government buys the grain from farmers. Rabi crops will be marketed in 2017-18 starting April.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More