After sacking Cyrus Mistry as chairman, Tata Sons board appointed Ralf Speth, CEO of Jaguar Land Rover, and N Chandrasekaran, CEO & managing director of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), as additional directors on the board.
With this, the Tata Sons board strength has increased to 12, including Ratan Tata and Cyrus Mistry. Corporate watchers said the move is aimed at strengthening the board against any possible legal or corporate onslaught by the Pallonji Mistry group.
Watch what else is making news:
The Shapoorji Pallonji Group holds nearly 18 per cent stake in Tata Sons.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Commenting on their appointment, Ratan N Tata, interim chairman of Tata Sons, said: “This is in recognition of their exemplary leadership in their companies.” Chandrasekaran is the CEO of Tata Consultancy Services, the cash cow of the group with a market capitalisation of Rs 472,636 crore. He is also considered to be a contender, among nearly a dozen others, for the Tata Sons chairman’s chair. Speth is credited with having turned around Jaguar Land Rover at a time when global automobile industry is facing tough times.
On Monday, 2 out of 8 directors had abstained from voting on the resolution for the removal of Cyrus Mistry as the Chairman.
The present board of Tata Sons includes Ratan Tata himself, along with Cyrus Mistry, Venu Srinivasan, Ronen Sen, Nitin Nohria, Farida Khambhata, and Ajay Piramal, among others. ENS