Home buying decision is no longer only a man’s affair as more and more women are now actively participating in taking the key decision when it comes to buying a house or even renting.
95 out of 100 women surveyed by property portal Housing.com were found to be key decision makers while buying or renting homes.
- 2.6 million dry toilets and 13,384 manual scavengers. Do the math
- #GenderAnd: When women count. Can data alone drive policy?
- Why gender parity is ‘shifting into reverse’
- Storming a female bastion: Men race to match women in online fashion shopping
- Maharashtra has lowest tobacco prevalence in India
- Home buying now begins online
30% of the women surveyed emerged as the lead decision makers in their families, followed by 50% who take joint decisions with other family members, according to the recent survey
1. The survey covered respondents across seven cities including Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune and Kolkata.
2. 18-34 age group emerged as the most active segment involved in taking realty decisions.
3. In addition, there has also been a surge in women visitors across rent, buy, and paying guest (PG) category
4. Amongst various categories, proportion of women involvement is highest in PG very closely followed by rent and buy, the survey said