Tribal activist Soni Sori, who was recently released on bail by Supreme Court, has joined Aam Aadmi Party along with former Infosys board member, V Bala. One of the cases against Sori involves allegations that in September, 2011, she acted as a courier to deliver funds to Maoists from a firm as “protection money”. She has been acquitted in five other cases filed against her.
“I was never interested in politics. I wanted to live a normal life. But the torture and atrocities in police custody changed my entire outlook and thought process. “Now I want to contest elections and through AAP I want to transform the system,” Sori said in a post on the party’s Facebook page.
AAP, however, is yet to make an announcement about handing Sori an election ticket with the party having earlier dismissed any talk of her planning to contest as its Lok Sabha poll candidate from Bastar in Chhattisgarh. Referring to former Infosys CFO V Bala’s decision to enlist as an AAP member, the party added in the post that, “After stepping down as board member of software behemoth Infosys recently, creating ripples in the corporate circles, Bala has joined AAP.
“He (Bala) spent over two decades at Infosys, where he assumed a number of roles, including chief financial officer, board member and, most recently, the head of its India business unit, BPO and Finacle.” Former defence personnel Lt Gen (retd) HS Panag and Lt Gen (retd) TK Chadha, too, joined the party along with BL Vohra, a retired 1967-batch IPS officer of the Manipur-Tripura Cadre.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016